Day 107: Commands I Know About
Its Day 107 23:41 Philippine Time. Darn it is hot tonight. Lights are out outside so far nobody is watching in the dark. Otherwise my spider senses are broken. This is a personal log of the commands that I can summon from my razor sharp encyclopedic memory.
- The same with dir, lists folders and files. I assume it must mean list.
- Use with | more to view large lists of things
- The same with copy, copies files and folders from one place to another
- The same with move, moves files and folders from one place to another
- Another way of renaming a folder
- Cool command to install *.deb files that I download from the Internet
- Cool command to install cool stuff from inside the repositories
- Command used to remove uncool stuff from the repositories
- Apt-get's cousin. Instead of apt-get remove, use aptitude remove
- This is apt-get's from the city. Explains more and talks more.
- Searches for cool stuff that you could find in the repositories
- Use with care. Command use to boss around the computer if it does not do as you wish
- Tells computer that I Am Who Am so you better do as I say.
- Used to reconfigure xorg and basically graphical thingies
- Must be run by a sudoer or by root. Reboots the system!
- Shuts down PC properly
- Removes files. Similar to windows del. Can also be used to remove folders. NEVER run rm -rf: Deletes entire system!