Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Baby Has a Boo Boo

It's 12:02 AM October 8, 2008 here sitting in front of my computer, fighting the urge to smoke since I already have the colds. I am writing out of sadness and despair. Despair because I have come to the conclusion that the world is crazy. If that is the case and if I apply Ubuntu's existential paradigm then we could say that "I am crazy because the whole world is crazy." Because the word "Ubuntu" means "I am who I am because of who we all are."

I am going to smoke.. It's my right to smoke outside of our house.

Or not. For a minute there I actually had my cigs from my drawer and walked outside the room with one stick. I can't find my tsinelas ergo I cannot go out. Besides I feel that my lungs have enough water because of condensation brought about by jogging and then riding a tricycle. My chest got dried up because tricycles by nature are poorly designed from an aerodynamic point of view. It was designed to have as much friction with air as possible.

Why I am still awake is a product of my affection for coffee and a messed up biological clock. I sleep at noon.

Jun is doing his best to get the Linux/FOSS hype going but everybody else is just too fatigued or simply bored.

"Wine releases version 1.1.1 from 1.1.0"

Whoopdee fscking doo.


"Ubuntu has a new theme that doesn't look like shit."

Ummm. Great.


"There is now wifi for Ubuntu"
Hooray.

With stuff like this on digg, slashdot or whatever - even my children's books are beginning to sound very exciting. In fact one is so exciting I actually memorized the whole damn book - not by choice. It just happened.

"Baby Has a Boo Boo"
Baby is in the backyard
Running all around.
Uh oh, oh no! Baby falls down.
Baby has a boo boo,
What does baby say?
"Boohoo Boohoo make it go away!"
Baby cries for Mama,
What does mama see?
A bump on baby's forehead,
A cut on baby's knee.
Put on a bandaid,
Put on some ice.
Mama kiss my booboo!
Make it feel nice!
Baby's feeling better.
Off he goes to play
But if he gets another booboo,
This is what he will say,

BOOHOO BOOHOO MAKE IT GO AWAY!

4 comments:

  1. Very funny bai as always. I really love reading your blog posts even the old ones.

    By the way, I read about your article entitled: Whatever Happened to the Philippine Open Source College and Bayanihan Linux Distro?

    I’m also a concerned citizen and don’t want the Bayanihan project to be affected by our corrupt government. Do you have any updates about Bayanihan Linux? I’ve heard they will have a new version coming at the end of the year.

    Would you be interested in guest posting? Another article about Bayanihan would be great. But, anything about FOSS will do.

    Keep it up bai.

    Best regards,

    Jun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jun and you are always welcome here. It is getting quiet here but ok lang. Blogging is a way for me to organize my thoughts.

    As to Bayanihan: No updates yet.

    After all Bill Gates donated some big time moolah to the PRRI.

    And Microsoft set up an open source thingie here in QC I think.

    "Would you be interested in guest posting?"

    Sure why not. :) Pero if it is about Bayanihan I don't know anything about them na. Last thing I know is that I cannot access their web site.

    Check ko lang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks danny. Yeah blogging can be a bit therapeutic.

    About guest posting, just let me know when you are ready. I'll give you full credit once I've posted your article.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jun, I will try to see what material I could come up with regarding Bayanihan - I don't have a spare PC to test the distro so maybe I will try to have an interview with them. Give me two weeks. But if they do not reply to my interview request - I am afraid I could just comment on the information available on their website.

    ReplyDelete

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...