Tuesday, January 27, 2009

[SOLVED] 01-26-2009 Winecfg Fonts Are Messed Up - Like Totally :/

[UPDATE] SOLVED 01-26-2009

Whenever I run 'winecfg' I get a configuration window with the texts all scrunched up.

I am running:

Intrepid
IceWm
Wine Version 1.1.13
msttcorefonts installed



Photobucket


I found the solution in Nanci Barthelmess' blog
Apparently this has something to do with an issue in nvidia legacy drivers as pointed out in my winehq post
For reference, please do check out a copy of the bug report filed 16146

Disclaimer: The following steps are the steps I did to fix the situation I described above. There is no guarantee that they would or could work in your system at all. The reason I posted this is for future reference in my case and maybe, just maybe, we have the same problem and conditions. Please don't hold me responsible if fire comes out of your PC, thanks :)

Steps:

1. Read my disclaimer above :)
2. Create a file named settings.txt in your home folder with the folliwing content:


[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\X11 Driver]
"ClientSideWithRender"="N"



*note: I am not sure about this, but I also created a file named settings.txt in /home/name/.wine/drive_c/ because that is what the previous instructions said.

3. Execute the following command:


dan@ubuntu$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/[YourUsername]/.wine” regedit settings.txt

4.Then execute the following command: 


dan@ubuntu$ wine regedit settings.txt

5. That's it. Try running 'winecfg' now



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome. Thank you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sir are awesomer! Glad to see that I've helped someone :)

    ReplyDelete

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...