I remember the first time I ever saw a website. It was yahoo.com on Internet Explorer version something. The connection was dial up and it took at least 2 to 5 minutes to load the webpage.
Now I have DSL and Firefox 3. I have iGoogle and its RSS showing ability and have a gajillion tabs with a gajillion stories I could open in new tabs.
Not that I am complaining but I have begun noticing that all these 'interesting' tabs make me want to view them quickly. I don't read the complete articles anymore but chomp and gobble through them. Scanning seems to be a more appropriate word.
I scan.
Specially if the article is not that well written, I just tend to stop reading the whole article altogether and "move on" to other tabs.
Do you still read the whole article?
Open Source Contributor, Vibe-Coder, Founder of therobotbay.com, Contributor at WalletScrutiny.com, Cybersecurity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trust, But Verify: Reverse-Engineering a Wallet's Key Derivation
"Non-custodial" is a claim, not a fact. Any wallet can say your keys never leave your device — the only way to actually know is to...
-
Dannybuntu / Dannythefarmer has finally discovered how to make money online. Kahit na pa barya barya ...
-
" Richard Stallman is "The Great Philosopher" ..." --Linus Torvalds in Revolution OS Lately, I have been stumbling upon ...
We have similar experience pare.
ReplyDeleteThese days it's really a struggle to really concentrate on an article.
And time can really fly while browsing every information that is out there.
But we should, no? I can't even remember the last time I picked up a book (made of paper) and finished it. It is affecting the way I process information. It made me impatient about getting information about other things. Living life in the fast lane sort of makes us forget to appreciate a lot of things.
ReplyDelete