Friday, March 26, 2010

God is Good All the Time!

It's 2:09 AM and I couldn't sleep. I'm tired after writing 20,000 words the previous night. I simply cannot write anymore.

Today, my youngest sister will graduate as a Valedictorian.

I am sublimely proud of her.

The culmination of her graduation is a genuine mark of our family's tenacity despite the death of our padre de familia almost 4 years ago.

Despite the high tuition fees and the erstwhile debilitating problems that seemed to confront our family, we managed to prove that we can hold it together despite the odds.

Many have tried to bring us to our knees but more have helped us along the way. With my bitter experiences, getting down on my knees is a truly humbling experience that transcends any other thing that I've experienced.

Victory is truly ten times sweeter after you have tasted the bitterness of defeat.

I feel like a phoenix rising up from the ashes because of this day.

Someday,

I will die, and maybe you, my sister will read this with your pamangkins. I hope that you will understand that I really wanted to be there. It's your moment to shine and you will have many more moments to shine, I'm sure.

I will end this with a prayer.

Lord Jesus Christ, 


Thank you for showing me that victory is ten times sweeter when You let us taste defeat. I am forever grateful that once again, You have shown Your ultimate power in our lives even when we have faltered so many times. I thank You for this wonderful gift that You, through my sister has given back to our family. 


Today is the dawn of a new day, and I am glad that You let me see the beauty in it. 


You are Truly Good All the Time. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Danny,

    Thanks for visiting the site. It's great to hear from a fellow Pinoy freelancer. Game! Tayo na tayo ng party-list.

    Hope to chat with you more soon. Your blogs are really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Am also trying to follow your blog via Google, but I kept getting an error msg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by. :) I really appreciate it.

    Regards,

    Dan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, stumbled across this from a comment you made on TwistImage / Mitch Joel's site. It's really encouraging to see someone give honor to God for His part. He is good all the time.

    I liked your comment on the other site too. You spoke about helping others first. Totally agree.
    Written a couple of blog entries that say same thing:
    Do I Care You're Here, Or Only That I Am

    100 Beginnings for Fiction Writers analysis of 100 novels and how we (as writers) learn from them.
    The Writer's Invisible Mentor My writing project about writing and learning to write

    ReplyDelete

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...