Thursday, April 01, 2010

On SEO: New Banana Old Monkey...

I've had clients in the past, that still pursue the same avenue when it comes to making their strategy in optimizing their webpages.

They'll ask me to write a bazillion, hundred word articles with 1% keyword density. I've tracked these articles to web sites with utterly no coherence except for the manufactured content.

Welcome 2010 with the brand new link farms. This time, the link farms actually have potatoes and carrots in it, in the form of a bajillion hundred word articles covering the same thing. By yours truly.

These projects made me nuts. But hey, they paid me right?

I've come across this insight because of a blog post in digital point which asked the provocative statement:

SEO Has Changed, Have You?

The most salient point, I think, is when the author pretended to be the CEO of Google and thought of ways on how to make search more relevant for the user.

Will creating a hundred links from 100 garbage sites do it?

The author doesn't think so and I agree with him.

Gosh, the tuko is making sounds again.

2 comments:

  1. wahaha. natawa ako dun sa tuko.

    may extra pa na tuko sa article mo. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. At first it was a novelty. Wow may tuko sa bahay. The first time I saw it was on a mirror. I asked my wife if she remembers if the mirror had a tuko design, sabi niya wala daw. Then it became irritating. I don't have the courage to chase them away because I know they'll just come back in. Killing them is another matter...I only kill snakes. Pag nahuli mo dito sige sayo na lang. Hehehe. Maybe these critters would fetch a price on eBay or something. x_X

    ReplyDelete

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...