Thursday, April 08, 2010

What to do with the Money After you've Earned it Online?

A few days ago, I successfully withdrew my first online earnings. I sent $320 USD to my Unionbank account and it got transformed into 14,000 something Philippine Pesos. Not bad, for 1 month of working online at home.

Contrast that with blogging and I would argue that the best way to make money online is to work as a freelancer. Sure, it's labor intensive and it's time consuming, but isn't maintaining a blog just the same? 


Here's what I did with the money I made online:

1. Ka Bili, died. Ka Bili sells cigarettes in a small shanty somewhere near our house. He's the only sober person here I could talk to and I personally enjoy hearing his country outlook on many things. I bought Nanay Loretta, his wife, a 25 kilo sack of Sinandomeng Rice to help tide them over. Next May, I am hiring one of their sons to help me out here.

2. My Grandfather. I owe a significant amount of dough from my grandfather to kickstart my first business in commercial leasing. Without his help I would have not been able to transform our house into a commercial building.

3. My Sister. She graduated from Elementary as a Valedictorian with 10 medals/awards. I am proud of her so 5,000 pesos of that 14,000 pesos went to her.

I desperately wanted to buy a spanking new flat screen monitor or at the very least even a lowly Pentium 4 PC but changed my mind. I am reminded of a Bible verse which goes this way:

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.


Matthew 6:19

I had second thoughts about specifically posting about what I did with the money I earned online but I hope that this last verse will make an impression:

But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.

1 Timothy 6:9

I guess I don't want to be rich after all. Or, maybe I do. But as I think about it I just want to have lots of money so that I could do a lot more aside from buying gadgets, electronics and other stuff.

For now, my trustworthy Celeron PC should do just fine.

I have a mission to fulfill.

2 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to congratulate you for the well-earned and well-spent money you earned as a free-lancer. May you have more in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, actually I've slowed down a bit this April. I got burnt out by the repetition. Sometimes I work 10 hours a day last March and nakakahilo.

    ReplyDelete

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...