Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Dealing with Copyright Infringement in the Third World

Alternate title should read: Should the Chinese be running an Italian Restaurant?

Now here's something new, a person from the third world chasing after someone in the first world about copyright infringement.

It happens and yes it happened to me. Again. For the third time.

So, there's this woman named (hidden) and she asked me to do 20,000 articles in 24 hours. I complied with it as best as I could and guess how much I got compensated for it. 

Zero and more than that, she told me to shut up. LOL

A brief overview of the story.

It all started when I wrote 20,000 words in 24 hours for (hidden). I gave them in 23 hours. She said they were poorly written and "unprofessional" because I used the first person a tad too many times. I told her I could redo them at no cost. She said that she'll do it herself and called me a racist because I said in the article that the Chinese shouldn't be running an Italian Restaurant. LOL! And because I bashed Paris Hilton one too many times. Where did this person come from? 
Is that racist? Anyway, so a back and forth ensued to vent out my frustrations. The funny thing was that she kept spewing forth Laws Regarding Contracts but she forgot to mention the one that is essential to the core of the matter - Copyright Laws. I told her that unless I am compensated I consider those articles to be my intellectual property. Anyway, she plopped them right in her website and slapped a Copyright Logo on em. I did some research on who this character is and found a number of real world companies, Facebook profiles and web pages. Tsk Tsk Tsk. After seeing that she was a young mother with a kid. My heart softened for her a bit and offered that she could have the articles at no cost. There was no "Thank you Danny". Not even a dime. That's why I am acting as unprofessionally as I can right now here on my personal blog. There's a phrase here somewhere and it is called Righteous Indignation. Maybe, I won't get paid, maybe I will. Maybe I will invoke the DMCA.
So yes, it is possible for these things to happen. Maybe some of you guys and gals in the first world would some day be pirating our Asian movies and watching them on your fake DVD Players and fake Sony TVs.

But what profits a man (or a woman) if he or she gains the world....oh fuck it.

6 comments:

  1. Who is this person? Where are the articles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I want to disclose these information to expose them, right now, that would be counter productive and destructive.

    Sorry I can't say - yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous

    I figured that maybe she needs the money more than me. It's just $40 bucks and she's a new mom. I just wrote this to vent out my frustrations.

    I will be glad though if she paid them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That doesn't justify not paying you. Seriously, $40 bucks isn't so much why can't she pay them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jamie

    I guess it all goes with being a freelance writer. Often unappreciated never thanked.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on you can tell me. :)

    ReplyDelete

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...