Friday, March 04, 2011

Thumbsup! GoodBlogs.com - I Got Paid $20.00 for One Blog Post

I woke up today and got a pleasant surprise:




:)


It was a day saver for this freelance writer because I didn't find a job yesterday and it somehow filled in the gap for the temporary unemployment.

*Grins*

Pros:
  • GoodBlogs.com paid me in less than 24 hours via Paypal after my very first post was voted up
  • The community there looks thriving and are really made of genuine bloggers who write with a passion.
  • It's NOT one of those get paid to blog platforms with endless articles on "how to brush your teeth", "how to comb your hair" and "how to get out of debt even if you are unemployed and broke". 
  • Real people, real thoughts, real blogs.
Cons
  • You can't turn it into a day job. 
  • There's no guarantee that you're going to be voted up. 
  • I don't see the revenue source of the platform. 
All in all, Goodblogs.com is a refreshing take in the world of getting paid to blog. Trust me, I've seen plenty.

The premise is simple, you write well, you get voted up, you get $20 bucks. Presto! 

I know it may sound a little bit off to point out that "I don't see their revenue source"  part. But it's true. That money would dry off, if they don't come up with a way to earn. I've seen it happen before in other sites and I see it happening right now in many other sites.

As a customer/contributor, it's important for me to know that the company that I am working for (albeit on a part time basis) is earning revenue so that the business cycle would be fulfilled.

Unless of course, Bill Gates and his money is funding the whole thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...