"Pay You to Blog" Cancelled
It took me precisely 93 days to realize that.
That's why I am cancelling the Pay You to Blog promotion.
However, I'm a firm believer that in every failure, there is a lesson to be learned.
Here are some insights that I've gleaned:
- Using your blog as a jobs board will not work, except if you're really famous
- To hire the creme dela creme, you must pay them 10x beyond industry standard
- The most competent freelance writers have specializations - that's why the really good ones are hard to find.
- Always hire a freelance writer based on his background.
- People on the web are not too often keen on using their own names. (Duh! Facebook!)
- I believe that the premise is still sound - maybe if this blog has more traffic.
- People don't like reading very long requirements - count me as an exception.