Saturday, April 02, 2011

"Pay You to Blog" Cancelled

There comes a time in life when you simply have to admit, that something is wrong.

It took me precisely 93 days to realize that.

That's why I am cancelling the Pay You to Blog promotion. 

However, I'm a firm believer that in every failure, there is a lesson to be learned.



Here are some insights that I've gleaned:

  • Using your blog as a jobs board will not work, except if you're really famous 
  • To hire the creme dela creme, you must pay them 10x beyond industry standard
  • The most competent freelance writers have specializations - that's why the really good ones are hard to find.
    • Always hire a freelance writer based on his background.   
  • People on the web are not too often keen on using their own names. (Duh! Facebook!)
  • I believe that the premise is still sound - maybe if this blog has more traffic.
  • People don't like reading very long requirements - count me as an exception.
It's been a wild ride and I would like to thank all those who have applied in the past and wish you all the best in your endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...