Thursday, July 07, 2011

I'm In. Google Plus

It took 5 invitations and a week before I could get in, but finally. Whew. It feels like being able to enter the movie theater after waiting in line for hours.



What worked?

Apparently, filling out your Google profile is the key. After staring and staring at Mark Zuckerberg's Google+ profile, trying to intuit what he's up to in his rival's social network, I decided that it looks very much like the old Google profile. So I filled it up.

Are You with Google or Against Google?




What struck me as a bit odd was Google's insistence that I link my Picasa account to Google+ or not join at all. Not that I'm keeping compromising pictures there but the freedom to choose is important.


There you have it, the first thing you'll see after all the dialogs run away.

Clicking on the fourth tab on the top (the grey circley things) would then bring me to this part of the site:

The ever famous Google+ Circle.


I've noticed that most of the people here are email contacts, but some are totally strangers. It makes you feel like you need to invite the ones who don't have faces yet. They need a Google+ account.

I suddenly remembered this drawing:

Hehehe. Well, I'm off to invite some of my friends and family to put in my circles. Fill out your google profile and wait for at least 2 days. If it still doesn't work, mail me :)


EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...