Thursday, August 29, 2013

Today I'm Just Grateful

I'm just grateful for all the people who helped me along the way. I've been through some rough patches and yes at times, with barely enough food to eat and give my family - I'm grateful to have known a lot of people who were kind enough to help me. I've once had the experience of a good man who did the groceries for my family and that almost made me cry - if I wasn't such a tough nut to crack.

I've learned a powerful lesson today: never spite people who helped you in the past.

Sometimes, it's really difficult to repay kindness with kindness. We are placed in situations of grave turmoil and seeming insanity that we forget what's up and what's down. We become angry at the unfairness of life. We become angry at people who did us great harm and yes, people could do that. They could ruin our lives just as they could make it better. And yes this anger could be directed at others who only mean us well.

Make no mistake about it, just as there are people who would help us. There would also be people who would screw us up. But that shouldn't make us mistrustful about the intentions of others. In the world of business and in the increased pace of modern life, we should not let the bitterness of the past pave the way for the future.

If you're reading this and you've helped me, know that I am grateful for more than the financial support that you've given me.

I know that there are some debts that cannot be repaid in cash.

For that, I'll do my best to pay it forward if not paying it back to you in kind.




No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...