Friday, June 22, 2018

Kumusta na Pinoy Freelance Writer?

Dear fellow freelance writer,
Kumusta? (How are you?)
I hope you're in great spirits. It's quite rainy where I am now and it's always cloudy. I'm beginning to think that Google's weather app is broken because it keeps showing me this icon for the next 10 days or so.
I also hope that you're doing great in your freelance writing projects. Now, on to the blog post! 
http://writers.work review

After finishing a very lucrative freelance project, I've started looking for another gig. That's when I found http://writers.work via Google.

I dunno...

I can't write a proper review of it since you need to shell out $47 to get in. But everything in their video is everything a freelance writer could dream of:

  • Appropriate pay (I'm reticent to put "High", since I haven't tried it yet.)
  • Flexible working hours (Duh)
  • Guaranteed pay dates (Really now?)
  • No fees (Mmmm)

Note that they have a "Pay Disclaimer" at the bottom which states:

"While we make every effort to ensure that we accurately represent all the products and services on this website and their potential for income, it should be noted that earnings and income statements made by Writers Work LLC or anyone of its partners are only estimates of what we think you can possibly earn online. There is no guarantee that you will make these levels of income and you accept the risk that the earnings and income statements differ by individual."

Well, there you go. 

Their selling tactics notwithstanding, like the countdown timer, the psychological assurance of receiving guaranteed pay, the cartoon playing with your mind - the fresh site appeals because it's new. 

Freelancer, Upwork and such, have been cornered by the "mass content producers" who will outbid you and are also oftentimes plagued with employers who simply don't pay.

Homeworking club gave a very long review, which ended with a referral link. 

https://www.homeworkingclub.com/writers-work-review/

So there you go.... 

I'm going to put it in the backburner, browse around a bit and hope that my previous employer messages me again on Skype.


No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...