Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Inundated

The good thing about blogspot blogs is that they retain a semblance of semi-permanence. A decade can pass and you'd still have those things in the past clinging to you as if to remind you. 

Not unless, your content gets banned and you're taken down. 

So many things have changed online and offline. 

Note that I'm writing for some wayward researcher in the future, who happens to stumble upon this blog for some reason. Content 50+ years into the future. Okay, maybe 10. 5?

First the Internet is no longer about the geeks, it's about everybody. I needed to get that off my chest. I used to think that this could be good for everybody, but I have since then changed my mind. Having everybody on the Internet is not a good idea.

Donald Trump, a prominent real estate Baron, became the 45th President of the United States. And, he went down amidst a cacophony of shame, division and enmity. Wikipedia it, if that still exists in your time. 

In the Philippines, Rodrigo Duterte would impose a very complicated presidency. I'm not going to comment on that any further, just read Rappler and compare its accounts with that of The Manila Times. Take your pick.

Meanwhile, I have since had to adapt my writing style to be more... opaque. Given the current climate of intolerant tolerance and sensitive powers-that-be, I have to calibrate words to make my thoughts more uninteresting. 

I still don't have the domain. Some gook (and yes, that is a politically incorrect disparaging word) bought it for some reason, most likely to annoy me. 

A global pandemic, which I'm sure would be very boring 50 years from now, has turned the wonders of having everyone on the Internet into a frigid nightmare of a wasteland. Everybody gets to stay home and post their issues online be it one way or another. 

In 2021 and it's sooooo much easier to get clicks and views on ads, but 95% of these are people who have absolutely nothing to do but to look for guys selling something on Facebook annoyed. Back then, maybe about 5 to 10 years ago, the problem was nobody looked at your ad. Now everybody you don't want to looks at them. And they say pretty much the same thing:

HM?

Last Price?




No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...