Friday, October 20, 2006

Kubuntu Newbie Experience VIII - Eye Candy

We, Gnu/Linux lovers love eye candy. Correction, most computer users regardless of the operating system that is used love eye candy.

For me, it came in the form of kde-look.org. It's simple really, For Windows XP there's www.download.com. For us defenders of Software Freedom, we have kde-look.org and I guarantee you, your appetite for eye candy would be more than satiated.

How did I find it? Google of course. Remember the KDE button? Yes, the square one. You see, the grades of my eyes are near blindness and I have problems looking at little icons. In Windows XP you have the "start" button and its fairly visible without effort even at 1024x768 resolution.

So, I decided to search for the term "rectangle kde button" and that's where I found KBFX and kde-look.

And after a few tweaking I was able to make my desktop look like this:






Ain't she a beauty?

I know I know the colors need a little more tweaking and so, but overall, I am satisfied. The cool thing is, you can change your button size to whatever size you want and put in png format pictures to substitute for any button that you want.

Now, that's what I call happiness.

To top that, it allows you to customize drastically your K-Menu. See, people were complaining that the K-Menu looks Windows 95'ish. So some guys decided to take matters into their own hands and instill some Open Source Loving to the KDE Button and the K-Menu. Want to know more?


Try

No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...