Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Personal Notes II - Rants

Rants are counter productive. Let's face it, a majority of people who can talk, write or communicate, one way or another tend to rant so much. Being a graduate of philosophy and political science and yes - a law school drop out, I've seen the best of them rant. That's why I won't, or at least try not to. My fellow countrymen would also tend to be extremely adept (sudo or kdesu maybe) at this. I really don't know why. Rant rant rant. Read the newspaper, rant rant rant. Read some blogs, rant rant rant. Listen to the radio, rant rant rant.

It just can't be helped. Filipinos (that's me and my countrymen) as writers generally tend to be somber, serious, acidly sarcastic and egotistical. See what I mean?

Writers also tend to write about things that are ideal. People tend to reflect on a reality of what ifs and tend to rant on a reality of what is. So, if you ever catch me ranting again, tell me. I'd rather write something more senseless. =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi and thanks for dropping by! Sorry it took me this long to reply, I haven't quite figured out an answer to your question yet.

    From my simple knowledge of Linux though, it's something like telling the computer that "I AM GOD OBEY".

    So for example, you want to run the program Adept to install some Open Source goodness - you type in your console - "sudo adept". This has the effect of saying that "I AM GOD OBEY AND RUN THE PROGRAM ADEPT AND MAKE SURE IT GETS EVERYTHING IT NEEDS".

    I hope that clears it up for you!

    Feel free to drop by anytime Zoiko. =)

    ReplyDelete

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...