Saturday, April 05, 2008

Day 96: Installing Debian Again

1. Installed Debian: Gnome Etch

2. Changed theme to something more pleasing to the eyes, default gnome theme really hurts my eyes

3. Ran alsaconf in terminal as root

4. Sound working, playing mp3, (is mp3 codec included in default debian etch install)

5. Changed gnome terminal current profile to black bg and white fg

6. Text can be cut and copied off epiphany

7. Nautilus (annoyingly) opens a new window everytime I click on expand arrow beside folders

8. Adjusted Sessions Options

  1. Ticked Automaticall save changes to session
  2. Disabled Startup Programs
    1. bluetooth-applet
    2. update-notifier
    3. gnome-power-manager
9.Noticed difference in behavior - File Management
  1. If I click on a folder in Desktop Nautilus opens without an address bar
  2. If I choose Applications>System Tools>File Browser, the same programs appear with different options and appearances. With Tree View, Navigation Toolbars, Location Bars
10. Double click and single click options located in File Management Options in Desktop Preferences.

11. Cannot cut folder in secondary hard disk - this is mounted in the root directory (strange)

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    Bad luck with kde4 huh?
    I decided to wait until at least 4.1 to ever think of moving to 4 permanently.
    I think the best way to test it is to install the suse livecd, or install kde4 in suse (one of its quite big advantages).

    My lenny is alive and well, so if you need some help feel free to email me, there's a high probability I encountered the same problem ;)

    Good luck with going lenny ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bad luck with kde4 huh?"

    For sure. It looks nice though, but considering that I am trying to run it with a Pentium III 650 Mhz with 256 MB of RAM, I might have to wait til I get better hardware.

    :)

    Some people say its faster but I say it actually *feels* 2x slower.

    But I'm gonna try what you said, considering that my Debian KDE cd just broke. Right now I'm using gnome.

    Ehehe

    ReplyDelete

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...