Monday, April 14, 2008

[SOLVED] Unable to Install 3D Acceleration on Debian Testing 2.6.24

Photobucket

The path to 3Dness was not forthcoming. It took me 13 reinstalls to get this right. It appears that the 2.6.24 kernel has a hidden agenda: to stop me from playing 3D accelerated games and playing music.

My Kungfu is weak. Therefore I climbed the mountains of linuxquestions.org, to seek a kung fu master, To which I got relief.

After several days of training, I now know that I have learned a new kungfu style, the path to righteousness is not easy.

With several masters training me, I have learned the way. As root:

# aptitude linux-image-2.6.24-1-686
# aptitude install linux-headers-2.6.24-1-686
# aptitude install build-essential module-assistant
# module-assistant prepare
# aptitude install gcc-4.1
# export CC=gcc-4.1
# cd to directory where NVIDIA drivers are saved
# CC=gcc-4.1 sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-96.43.05-pkg1.run


Now I can move on.

[UPDATE] Edited steps: apt-get replaced with aptitude. Sudo replaced with root.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...