Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Google Works in Mysterious Ways

Well, not really. Google is not God. Personally, I think Google is a baby SkyNet.

Anyway, as a blogger who's been shouting to the wind for a long time with nary a soul to listen, much less to converse with, I have taken a liking to numbers, particularly in the field of website statistics. The relevance of this came as a surprise for me when I found that one of my random ramblings got picked up by Google and placed in the high mantle of the 1st Page in Google rankings.

I supposed that a round of applause should be in order. But it really shouldn't be so.

Back in the day when I was still using Ubuntu, I took it upon myself to have the habit of writing about the error numbers that I encounter. So I did, the error was Buffer I/O Error on device sdb2. Suffice to say, that I re-read the silly blog post in question and was appalled that it was as exuberant and exciting as I expected it to be.

I hastily altered the contents to give meaningful discourse to the problem at hand for those sad souls looking to find a solution and found this blog instead. It's a sad reality and the least that I could do was tell them that their hard disks are dying. Save what they can. Don't Panic.

I further affixed that I came from the future to tell them of their hard disk's doom. Sad ain't it? But hey, at least I can rest with the comfort of knowing that I have done what I could and probably should given the situation.

So to all the Buffer I/O Error on device Google searchers out there, I bid thee good luck in buying a new hard disk and recovering your data. Thank you for reading my silly post. (I really wouldn't have read that post myself you know). And next time, don't put all your pr0n family pictures in a single drive.

Oh, and by the way, can I sell something to you? Nevermind. I am too sleepy and I still have to update my other blogs ( I have 28 which have among other things a blog about morbid crimes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...