Sunday, July 25, 2010

Organic SEO

Just what exactly is Organic SEO? I really and honestly don't know. That's why I drop by every now and then to read up on the matter in Mark's blog thebitbot.com.

http://thebitbot.com
Organic SEO and SEM Blog
Personally, as a blogger, what I learned is that the less I think about SEO and the less that I do about it, the better returns (in traffic) that I actually get. I oftentimes see many bloggers (and big companies for that matter), who try too hard with regards to SEO and end up getting frustrated.

In my understanding, Organic SEO, is about doing SEO naturally, almost as if you're not doing it at all. It's like Kung Fu, where you are one with the wind, or whatever.

If you recall in this blog, there was a time in my life when I tried farming. Yeah, that made me lose a lot of weight in 3 weeks. I tried organic farming and now I have a few things to show for it. I'll take pictures when there's an opportune time.
Suffice to say that in Organic farming, you don't use chemical pesticides and chemical fertilizers which can be detrimental to the soil.
Thus in this scheme, you let things flow as naturally as they can. You write good content, people link back to you. You comment in other blogs and show your genuine interest, you join a community of like-minded people and actually get interested in what they are doing and do your best to help them out. This is what Google intended and this is what this form of SEO is all about.

Compare this with competitive SEO and you have legions and legions of third world so called "SEO experts" all stuffing the Internet with SEOized articles. You should try going over to freelancer.com and see which websites do this.

What I like about Mark's style is that he lets things flow naturally. He doesn't hold back information and he tells us everything that he knows about the best practices in Organic SEO. If you want to learn more, you could find Mark over at thebitbot.com

2 comments:

  1. This blog is awesome it has got all the points i wanted to discuss, it has fulfilled my knowledge, i just liked this blog and i want to subscribe so can you please tell when your blog gets updated and what is the procedure to subscribe in details.
    http://www.steppingweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks Buddy... I really wouldn't flatter myself that much. But hey, if that makes you happy, that makes me happy too!

    ReplyDelete

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...