Friday, October 15, 2010

Batibot.com


  • Explanation for my absence
  • Batibot relaunches
  • Batibot.com domain cost


Hi, again.

Facebook has really made blogging quite a chore. While blogging used to be the only means aside from email to update friends and relatives, now, it's just a venue for the big media companies to promote and demote.

The small blogger is dying.

Anyway, I have been busy working for one of my clients and this usually entailed writing almost 20 articles a day. That takes up a lot of my time that I take a bath at night now.


Filipino Values


The good news is that the popular Filipino Kids TV show Batibot is going back to the airwaves.

As a dad, I always thought that it would be nice if my kids would just stop acting and talking like Spongebob Squarepants.

Kids shows nowadays are utterly useless save for their value as tools to consume the short attention spans of children. Having 4 kids, I know the value of having kids stuck on the tube for long periods of time. (By the way, I got rid of my TV back in 2006 and I am now proud to have our own little library - complete with torn pages with some of them eaten by my kids.)

But, that really has to change. I grew up with TV shows like batibot and got an idea of what it is to be a Filipino kid. This show taught me:

  • How to respect my elders
  • How to speak coherently as a Filipino
  • How to play Filipino games
  • Filipino culture
  • So many more 

I may not have explained and communicated the real value that this show inculcated in my person as I grew up. But I am seeing and observing the effects of modern TV and the lack of a definitive Filipino children's TV show in general on children's behavior. 

I can't believe that I am speaking like my grandfather now, who always complains that children these days have no respect for anything. Unfortunately, it is a truth that we have been too busy to see. 

Filipino culture has traditionally been respectful of others, most specially in the provinces. Po and Opo were communication staples that should never leave the minds of kids nowadays. 

But now, I believe that I am speaking out of experience when I say that the Filipino youth has become overly recalcitrant and rebellious. As a bona fide provinzano, I am disappointed whenever kids aged 8 to 14 come up to me and ask me to give them a cigarette like gangsters in New York.

"Hey, you, do you have a stick?"

Ha? Whatever happened to the hope of the future?

While a TV show may not in itself reverse this trend. I am hoping that its presence would still have an effect. I will take that small glimmer of hope, no matter how small. 

------------

Batibot.com

My interest in the buying and selling of domain names a.k.a. domaining has led me to inquire about the price of the domain - Batibot.com 

I quite literally almost fell off my chair when I got this email in response to my query:
Hello Daniel,
Proforma Inc. provides brokerage services to the registrant of batibot.com. This is a terrific domain name. It's difficult to overstate the many lifetime benefits which flow to its registrant. The present owner has indicated that they would close a sale prompty for $43,000.00 USD.
This is a very large and well regarded seller and they administer some of the very best domain names on the Web. You can learn more about their history and their names by visiting http://namedia.com/
We can only honor prices quoted for 7 calendar days.
Would you like to proceed?
Michael
**********************
www.DomainNameSales.com Searchable Database of over 380,000 names

Whoosh.






No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...