Thursday, March 03, 2011

Qui audet adipiscitur


Find Your Courage: 12 Acts for Becoming Fearless at Work and in Life

Opportunities are around you, you're just too fearful in taking them.

In a society where we've been bludgeoned and made to feel like we are inferior (hello there little brown brother...)

The mantra of life seems to be like,

"You're not qualified - so don't try...."

I've seen it several times, I've felt it countless times, the only thing that has kept me going is a strong desire, a passionate goal - an end game

Basketball

I was nerdy when I was in grade school and high school. I wasn't really smart - just awkward with large spectacles. 

But I wanted to play basketball. 

My vision was blurry to the point that I would not recognize you, if you were standing two feet away. The basketball ring was invisible. The only thing that I could see is the basketball board and the square in the middle. 

To cut a long story short, I had no hope of entering the PBA, much more the NBA. 

But I didn't care. 

I practiced when I was sick, I trained myself to the point that I would often go alone in the basketball court at 12:00 in the afternoon. I tried to shoot three pointers even when I cannot see the ring clearly. I burned with a resolute goal. 

I even played even when I had fever. I almost collapsed. 

At 29, I did NOT attain my dream of becoming a basketball superstar. 

But try going one on one with me, just for kicks.


If You Really Want Something, Burn Your Fears

Dune (Extended Edition)

Fear is the mind killer, so says the Bene Gesserit....

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain

Don't you just hate it when people say you can't do this, or you can't do that?

If you're not qualified, then for Bubba's sake, BECOME QUALIFIED..... It's really not a permanent thing, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...