Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Happiness is...?

Thanks to Facebook friend Susan for sharing this ^^
via SoulPancake

To me happiness is a shared thing. I really want to be a positive person but when I see all these suffering, these wars, these unhappiness and I can't do anything about it - I become unhappy. I'm a news junkie and everyday I absorb these things and think about them. Mostly it comes out in my writing. I try in my own little way to solve the things that seem to be unsolvable.

Now when I saw the facebook post of a friend I became curious. I watched it and was surprised with the results

They've discovered that: 
Expressing gratitude is the key to happiness

Going back through this year, I've accomplished a lot of my goals - and I never would have if it weren't for the people who have helped me along the way. 
So I'm taking this opportunity to thank most of them.

The first person that comes to mind is my wife +Rowena Garcia. God knows you're the best thing that ever happened to me from the day that we've met. I want to thank you for just being there through the thick and the thin. Sometimes, I can't believe that we've made it thus far. These 11 years of our life together has just been amazing. And I look forward to the remaining days, weeks, months or years that we'll have.
via Flickr
The next group of people that I'd like to thank is my family and that includes my extended family. My mom, my kids, my grandparents, my uncles and aunts, my cousins - those people who filled my formative years as I explored this world. My childhood memories would always be filled with the happy times we've had together. Looking back to my past, I know that you guys had a profound impact on my life. I'll always remember the adventures that we've had back then. 
Next up are the people who have formed my education. I was not an exceptional student back then and I'm glad that many of the brightest minds endeavored to be patient with me. There are a few who gave me the discipline to just keep on pushing and pushing. Foremost among these is one of my Philosophy professors, Professor Leticia Tolentino of UP Baguio. Ma'am I'm not your brightest student and I'm still not! But I am happy. :) I would not have graduated if you didn't believe.
I have so many people to thank. Can I just stop here? Just kidding!
Of course, much thanks goes to so many people I have not met in person. Some of them now are always on my mind, literally. 
Sunrise
Because when I turn on my computer I see you guys all the time. 
Let's start with my blog boss overlords - my endearing term for them. That's @JasonTrout, and +Peter Awad, two guys from Iowa, founder of the ever innovative blog network Goodblogs.com. Yes my friends, that is a dofollow link. Through their innovation in the blogosphere, I've managed to provide for my family and that is a really, really, really good thing. Most of all, through their efforts I've fulfilled one of my undiscovered dreams and that is becoming a writer and not just any outsourced freelance writer as I have experienced in the past. The goodblogs.com network gave me something more. 
The highest levels of appreciation goes out to the people who actually read this:
"YOU"
If I mention your names one by one, this will become an uncharacteristically cheesy post. But you know who you are. The guys who keep plussing and liking my posts even though you don't actually read them. The guys who keep saying, "Danny you can do it" even though I'd rather believe that yes, "We can do it"

Sunrise in Geneva
Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EventId's in Nostr - from CGPT4

The mathematical operation used to derive the event.id in your getSignedEvent function is the SHA-256 hash function, applied to a string rep...